The Bow Ramp

Monday, May 02, 2005

My Cup Runneth Over

I've been reflecting on the 30th anniversary of the fall of Saigon as it relates to my own life. In April of 1975, Vietnam was six years in my past. I had come back from Vietnam in April of 1969 and gotten out of the service in order to attend school. Subsequently, I had rejoined the Navy, been homeported in Naples, Italy, come back to the U.S., and married my lovely wife. Since 1975, I've retired from the Navy, raised two wonderful children and embarked on a new career. My life has been blessed with many wonderful things and few negatives. I have no idea why I have been so blessed. I'm not particularly religeous, so I'm not going to claim Devine Intervention. Lucky? anyone who has ever played cards with me would laugh at that suggestion. Randomness? Who knows? I guess I will continue to wonder; but I will also continue to deeply appreciate my life. In addition, I'll continue to remember the ones I knew who never made it this far and think about the ones I didn't know--servicemen, civilians, Americans, Vietnamese, or anyone else that suffered an interrupted journey. Here's to all of you.

[Posted with hblogger 2.0 http://www.normsoft.com/hblogger/]